A downloadable asset pack for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
Oldskooler is an expanding collection of visual effects inspired by the limitations of older game engines.
Current effects include:
- That blocky "3d pixels" look from a yesteryear that never really happened.
- Vertex Quantization
- That boiling, wobbly look that low poly meshes got in early 3d games.
- Make certain parts of your scene appear lower res than the rest of the environment. Can use the custom depth or stencil buffers to mask out which objects it affects.
- Stipple Transparency
- A high frequency opacity mask that created the illusion of translucency on hardware that couldn't support it.
- Flicker Transparency
- Another translucency hack with an instantly recognizable look.
- Vertex Lighting
- A very fast alternative to regular lighting with a chunky appearance. Great for mobile!
Every effect is either a post process blendable or a material function. There's minimal setup or technical knowledge required for immediate results. Making your assets look worse but in a good way has never been so easy!
Oldskooler has been tested and confirmed to work in monoscopic view on Windows 10, macOS Sierra, HTML5 in Chrome and Firefox, Android 5.1.1, editor-simulated iOS, and Unreal Engine versions 4.11 to 4.14. The included demo project requires Unreal Engine 4.14 to open. Also the voxelization and stencil-based pixelization effects require features not available in WebGL or most mobile platforms (use the custom depth version of the pixelization effect instead).
By using this software, you agree to the license agreement outlined in Oldskooler EULA.txt
If you have any questions or need technical support, please email us at email@example.com
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: