A downloadable asset pack for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
illustrious is a suite of visual effects inspired by print, traditional animation, painting, and other forms of hardcopy illustration.
Current effects include:
- Make your scene appear to be "drawn" on any tiling texture using a wide variety of blending modes. Optional triplanar projection and movement-based coordinate offsets let you find just the right blend of grounded atmosphere or artistic surrealism.
- Cel Shading
- A cartoonifying effect that gives you precise control over light and shadow yet fits right into your PBR workflow. From anime to storybookish to noir, this isn't your typical cookie cutter toon shader.
- Colour Quantization
- Split your scene into an evenly distributed palette of RGB or CYMK colours, then optionally dither the result with a variety of included threshold maps or a texture of your choice.
- Halftone Shading
- Make your scene out of "printer dots". Simulate the look of newsprint or comics, or tweak it to look like a retro-futuristic dot matrix display. Everything from the tints to the imperfections to the grid rotations are tweakable on a per-channel basis.
- Outline your objects based on depth, colour, stencils, ambient occlusion and more, or even combine multiple detection modes into a single effect. Make thin and precise pencil lines or big oily strokes. Make the ink "move" with animated noise textures, or fade them in the distance for an abstract background.
- Textured Ambient Occlusion
- Dab your edges with some extra paint, or sketch lines, or printer dots. Add detail and stylistic earmarks to corners that might not have any without distracting from the scene as a whole.
- Scene Distortion
- Pinch and warp little bits of your scene all over at a customizable framerate. Apply it to just the foreground elements if you like. No scene feels "idle" with this effect applied.
Free updates are planned with more effects, but the price will go up as more are added so buy now!
illustrious has been tested and confirmed to work in monoscopic view on Windows 10, macOS Sierra, HTML5 in Chrome and Firefox, Android 5.1.1, editor-simulated iOS, and Unreal Engine versions 4.13 and 4.14. Some effects such as Textured AO, triplanar-projected Canvases, and Outlines using methods other than CustomDepth or BaseColor detection are not compatible with HTML5 and mobile. Some assets in the provided screenshots are not included but can be acquired free through the Unreal Engine launcher.By using this software, you agree to the license agreement outlined in Illustrious EULA.txt
If you have any questions or need technical support, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $24.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: