A downloadable displacement mapper for Windows and Mac OS X
Displacer Best is a virtual displacement mapping toolkit. It makes flat things look 3d!
Have you ever seen 3d sidewalk art? It warps an image to create the illusion of depth when you view it from a certain angle. That's what Displacer Best does, except it draws a special image for every angle you look from. The result is you can add extremely detailed, flexible surfaces to your objects for far less than an equivalent mesh would cost.
Every screenshot on this page depicts a totally flat plane or cube with no new geometry being added. All you need is a heightmap.
Notable features include:
- Parallax occlusion mapped surfaces with secant method refinement
- Accurate silhouette clipping at arbitrary borders
- Full source provided for extreme tweaking
- Blendable offset-limiting, allowing artists to intuitively smooth out oblique angles on a per-asset basis
- Dynamic level of detail system for huge performance gains
- Highly optimized code with early-outs wherever possible
- Cheaper, easier, and more compatible than displacement via tessellation in most practical cases
- Minimal memory footprint, requiring a single grayscale heightmap
- Several drag and drop working content examples
- No advanced Material Editor experience required
Should work on any recent version of Unreal Engine for Mac or Windows.
NOTE: Please review the EULA located in "Displacer Best EULA.txt" before purchase. This purchase gets you a 1 seat license of Displacer Best which you can use in UE4 for personal or commercial works.
Please note: Development on Displacer Best has been discontinued due to recent versions of UE4 having a native Parallax Occlusion Mapping solution. New purchases are provided strictly as-is.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Displacer Best uses the Unreal® Engine. Unreal® is a trademark or registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998 – 2015, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.
Click download now to get access to the following files: