A downloadable Game of Life material for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Android
CGOL is Conway's Game of Life written in an Unreal Engine 4 material.
Notable features include:
- Well organized and commented assets
- No C++, just Blueprint
- No custom nodes, meaning it will port to anything that supports rendering to texture
- An easy to use slot for plugging in custom materials that display the game state however you like
- Robust seed support, meaning you can drop in any texture you want to start the game and it will automatically be interpreted as 1 bit monochrome on a playfield of the texture's size
- Tiny download
- Works on Desktop, HTML5, and Mobile
What you use it for is up to you. Perhaps you have an idea for how to incorporate its unique aesthetic, or plan to treat the game state as a bitmap seeding a procedurally generated world. Please let us know if you come up with anything interesting!
CGOL has been tested and confirmed to work in monoscopic view on Windows 10, macOS Sierra, HTML5 in Chrome and Firefox, and Android 5.1.1
By using this software, you agree to the license agreement outlined in CGOL EULA.txt
If you have any questions or need technical support, please email us at gameappmakerco+CGOL@gmail.com
In order to download this Game of Life material you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: